- 2019-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of the delegation led by the President Gitanas Nausėda
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees off participants of the Mission Siberia expedition
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
Lithuania not to recognize "elections" in Georgia’s Tskhinvali region
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania does not recognize the so-called “parliamentary elections” that took place on 9 June in Georgia's Russian-occupied Tskhinvali region/South Ossetia. The “elections” are illegal and have no credible results. In addition, the Foreign Ministry of Lithuania denounces the ongoing attempts to consolidate annexation of the region.
We reiterate our strong support to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Georgia within the borders recognized by the international community. We once again call upon Russia to withdraw the unlawful recognition of the so-called “independence” of the occupied territories of Abkhazia and the Tskhinvali region, to fully implement the Ceasefire Agreement of 12 August 2008, to immediately withdraw its forces from the occupied territories of Georgia, and to engage constructively in the Geneva International Discussions.