- 2019-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of the delegation led by the President Gitanas Nausėda
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees off participants of the Mission Siberia expedition
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister meets with President of Croatia
On 7 June in Zagreb, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, who was paying an official visit to Croatia, met with the President of Croatia Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović.
L. Linkevičius thanked Croatia for its decision to send troops to join NATO's enhanced forward presence battalion in Lithuania in 2020 and offered Lithuania's assistance with preparing for Croatia's upcoming EU Presidency.
"We support the country's determination to strengthen the transatlantic relationship as part of the Croatian Presidency‘s activities, as well as to give due attention to the EU‘s Eastern Partnership initiative," said the Foreign Minister.
The officials discussed Croatia's plans to join the euro area, the Schengen passport-free travel zone, and the OECD.
L. Linkevičius also met with Miro Kovač, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Croatian Parliament and Igor Dragovan, Chairman of the Defense Committee. The meetings focused on Croatia's upcoming Presidency of the Council of the EU in the first half of 2020 and other items on the European agenda.
On 6 June, L. Linkevičius participated in the official opening ceremony of the Embassy of Lithuania in Zagreb.
Photos: Office of the President of the Republic of Croatia