- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the new Ambassador of Argentina Ana Maria Ramirez
- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius delivers a welcome speech at a round table dedicated to the Eastern Partnership
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
Lithuanian Foreign Minister and Norwegian Ambassador discussed cooperation on children’s rights protection
On 6 February, Minister Linas Linkevičius and Dag Malmer Halvorsen, Ambassador of Norway to Lithuania, discussed the protection of the rights of Lithuanian citizens in Norway and possible cooperation of the two countries on children’s rights protection.
The case of Gabrielius B., a minor Lithuanian citizen who is currently in Norway, was among the issued dicussed.
“Each case of children’s rights is not only very important for Lithuania, but also painful for family members. Closer cooperation between competent authorities of the two countries is therefore a particularly important task,” noted L.Linkevičius.
The Minister underlined that in the case of Gabrielius B. Lithuania would do its best to cooperate with Norwegian authorities in order to protect children's rights and ensure children's welfare as well as interests of Lithuanian citizens.
Norway’s accession to the Hague Convention On Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, Recognition, Enforcement And Co-Operation In Respect Of Parental Responsibility And Measures For The Protection Of Children of 19 October 1996 which will be debated. “The White Paper” on accession to this Convention will be debated in spring in the Storting (Parliament) of Norway which would allow to resolve disputes on the issue.